This event finished on 03 September 2020
For all open dates please click the link above.
This course is for you if you are a Manager, Supervisors and other company personnel in a supervisory position, who are involved in setting up, managing or supervising construction projects, or elements within a project. You must attend all 5 days in order to achieve your qualfication.
At the end of the course the learners should be able to:
- Identify current legislation and standards affecting the management and organization of construction sites.
- Examine the extent to which they meet their own safety, health and welfare responsibilities at work.
- Develop their knowledge and skills further and beyond the course content.
- Identify the relevant safety, health and welfare practices and procedures.
- Recognise a positive and forward thinking attitude to safety, health and welfare;
- Develop management techniques and methods for dealing with future safety, health and welfare matters.
5 Day Course Structure/Content:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioral safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces