This course is for you if you are a Manager, Supervisors and other company personnel in a supervisory position, who are involved in setting up, managing or supervising construction projects, or elements within a project.
At the end of the course the learners should be able to:
- Identify current legislation and standards affecting the management and organization of construction sites.
- Examine the extent to which they meet their own safety, health and welfare responsibilities at work.
- Develop their knowledge and skills further and beyond the course content.
- Identify the relevant safety, health and welfare practices and procedures.
- Recognise a positive and forward thinking attitude to safety, health and welfare;
- Develop management techniques and methods for dealing with future safety, health and welfare matters.
This course is a natural step up from the Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) for those looking to move up the career ladder.
The course runs across 5 days on 5 consecutive weeks, delegates must attend all 5 days to pass the course. The course is assessed by tasks throughout the course, and also by a final assessment on the final day. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate.
Open Course Dates
The training takes place at our venue in Team Valley, Gateshead.
There is possible CITB grant available for this course, please see the CITB website here for more details
Please note that Northern Bear Safety reserves the right to cancel open courses at any time, we will notify you of any course cancellations as soon as is possible.